Believe today, Begin tomorrow
Our youth employment programs assist young job seekers with tailored support to build skills, confidence and wellbeing.
Many job seekers under 30 feel concerned about finding ongoing work.
We focus on supporting our job seekers to achieve their personal and career goals. We also create a welcoming environment where young job seekers can build hope and feel a sense of belonging in their community.
Our programs include:
- Match Fit (Ballarat region)
- Empowering Youth
- Cats Match (Barwon region)
- Ready for Work
Contact us to find out more.
MatchWorks and the Geelong Football Club are supporting young job seekers in the Geelong region. Cats Match offers employability training with weekly health and wellbeing sessions. This no-cost program builds confidence and skills in a fun, active environment.
Geelong Cats players and staff run the health and well-being sessions including:
- Group fitness session with Geelong Cats players
- Geelong Cats Foundation program with a focus on making good choices.
MatchWorks employability training covers:
- interviews skills
- business and social etiquette
- self-awareness and skills
- developing routines
- information from apprenticeship and traineeship providers
- information from employers and community services
- makeovers and presentation for work
- budgeting once you find a job
- how to keep your job
- physical and mental health support.
Want to join our 20201program? Contact us.
Have fun, meet new people and reach your employment goals. Empowering YOUth is a no-cost program that can help you overcome barriers to work.
This program is for you if you are aged 15 to 24 or if you face complex issues that could impact on your future.
Empowering Youth is delivered through the Job Quest phone app. The app tracks points based on your achievements. It helps you reach goals and complete the program. The Job Quest app is available on Android and Apple devices.
Participants will develop:
- Social skills
- Leadership ability
- Motivation to work
MatchWorks is delivering the program across Victoria, South Australian and Queensland.
Contact us or call 1300 13 23 63 for more information.
Fitness, wellbeing and employability for Ballarat youth
Match Fit is a 3-day a week community program delivered by MatchWorks in partnership with Basketball Ballarat. In a welcoming and supportive environment, participants will:
- Build employability skills and confidence
- Improve health and wellbeing with weekly activities with Ballarat Basketball
- Be mentored and supported to achieve personal goals
- Become job ready to move into ongoing employment.
This no cost program runs for 10 weeks and lunch is supplied each day. Contact us to find out more or call our Ballarat office on 03 4313 5600.
Ready for Work
Are you under 24, out of school and ready for work?
This 6-week program runs over 2 days a week at a convenient location in Brisbane, accessible via public transport.
Delivered in a fun and engaging environment, participants have the opportunity to:
- Gain practical employability skills to successfully find work
- Improve confidence and motivation to seek employment
- Consider training and pathways relevant for various careers
- Develop social skills and build strong peer support networks.
- Receive mentoring and support to help them achieve their goals.
This training is proudly funded by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. Eligibility criteria apply.
Contact us to find our more or call 1300 13 23 63.
XLR8 is a no-cost 12-day program for job seekers aged 16 to 24 years. Young people will gain skills and confidence, explore career pathways and establish regular routines.
XLR8 focuses on:
- Establishing new relationships – personal and work
- Improve communication skills
- Career advice – different employment options
- Attitude and self-esteem
- Personal perceptions & self-awareness
- Team work – effectively working with others
- Goal setting
- Guidance on using technology to search and apply for work
- Current job searching strategies and job search assistance, including accessing the hidden job market
- Advice on personal presentation, including interview outfits
- Resume and cover letter to suit the current job market
- The interview process
- Managing your social media profile – tips and traps.
You also have the chance to complete the genU Training hospitality skill set course.
Contact us to find out how you can join XLR8.