Plan ahead and succeed by having the right number of staff with the right skills in the right jobs at the right time.
Contact MatchWorks and start putting your workforce plan into practice.
What is a workforce plan?
A workforce plan is your employment road-map.
The plan makes sure you meet current and future business goals by:
- identifying key job roles needed for business success
- highlighting the skill-sets needed to perform roles so you hire the right
- people identifying the training and development needs of existing employees
- outlining your recruitment, staff deployment and succession planning strategies
- helping your business avoid staff surpluses and shortages.
Why is a workforce plan important?
We live in an ever-changing world. New technologies, changes in government policies and other events can affect the type and volume of staff you need over time.
A workforce plan:
- helps you successfully manage the ups and downs in your business.
- allows you to respond quickly and appropriately if outside influences
- impact your business’ workflow or profitability.
- guides your managers and staff on future expectations and
- performance requirements so you remain an efficient and productive business.
How do I develop a workforce plan?
Your workforce plan reflects your business strategy. It usually includes:
- your current staff skill sets and expertise
- workforce gaps and ways to overcome them
- strategies to match your workforce with your future needs
- targets to measure your strategy’s success.
Business Victoria has more information on workforce planning.
Contact us to build your ideal workforce.