Disability Employment Services
If you’re living with an injury, disability or health condition and looking for work, MatchWorks can help you prepare, find and keep a job.
Our Disability Employment Services team are experts at helping people reach their full potential. In addition to finding you work that makes the most of your strengths and skills, our team will organise the support you need to succeed in your job.
How we can support you
- Connections to local employers.
- Resume and cover letter support.
- Job search advice.
- Training and development for your career path.
- Mentoring and ongoing support.
- Tailored programs for Indigenous Australians, migrants, refugees, mature age people, youth and more.
NDIS and other support
- Assistance to access NDIS supports if applicable
- Job Access funding and information
- Practical assistance including equipment, clothing, petrol vouchers, housing support and more*
- Ongoing support so you bring your best self to work each day.
- Health and wellbeing support.
- Peer support.
* Where applicable.
Eligibility checklist for Disability Employment Services
- I have a diagnosed injury, illness or disability
- I’m in receipt of an Income Support payment or pension.
- I’m aged between 14 and 65
- I’m at or above the minimum working age (check the laws in your state)
- I’m an Australia resident
- I’m not studying full time (unless I’m an eligible school leaver)
- I’m able to work at least eight hours per week (with support if I need it)
- I’m not currently working at or above my assessed employment capacity
Why choose MatchWorks?
Every year, we help thousands of people with disability, injury and health conditions build careers and live a life with purpose. Our actions are driven by our vision to build inclusive communities across Australia.
It all started in 1952 when a group of Geelong parents dreamed of a world for their children where disability would not stand in the way of their opportunities and potential.
With community support, these parents formed ‘Karingal’, a play centre so their children could lead fulfilling lives. Over 70 years, Karingal has grown to become our parent company, genU, and supports around 67,000 Australians each year.
MatchWorks helps fund genU’s innovative services and support by reinvesting our profits to enable people to reach their full potential.
Ongoing support to help you succeed
We’re committed to giving you the best start in your new job and deliver ongoing support for at least 12 months after you start in your new workplace.
We can support you with:
- Help settling into the role.
- Help with any confusing issues, including talking with your boss.
- Strategies to overcome personal problems that might affect work.
- Speaking with your support services so everyone works together.
- Linking you with health, training and community supports.