Career Transition Assistance
Build confidence and skills by joining our Career Transition Assistance program.
This eight-week program is free for registered mature age job seekers in the Geelong Barwon region. In a welcoming environment, participants will:
- Build confidence to use technology including smartphones, tablets, apps, social media and desktop computers
- Boost skills to become more competitive in the local job market and successfully move into ongoing employment
- Hear from employers about what skills they look for when recruiting new staff
- Be mentored and supported to achieve personal goals.
- To be eligible, participants must:
- Be 45+ years of age
- Registered with a jobactive provider.
Please note: Participants can start any time after 1 July 2019. The program will fully meet annual activity requirements.
For more information, please contact Carolyne Jubber
e: email@example.com p: 1300 13 23 63
Breaking down employment barriers for over 45’s
This 8-day program transforms mature age job seekers into job-ready candidates and provides tailored support to achieve sustainable employment. The course is free for registered job seekers and is suitable for a range of roles.
Destination Work participants learn about:
- The social, emotional and financial benefits of work
- Identify what is holding you back and addressing barriers
- Overcoming roadblocks to employment
- Thinking positive – positive and negative thinking
- Building self-esteem including using positive affirmations
- Identifying your strengths, skills, knowledge and attributes
- Increasing confidence and motivation
- Employability skills
- Employer expectations
- Communication styles – passive, assertive and aggressive
- Guidance on using technology to search and apply for work
- Current job searching strategies and job search assistance
- Resumes and cover letters to suit the current job market
- Interview process
- Setting SMART goals, time management and creating positive routines
- Managing your social media profile – tips and traps.
MatchWorks consultants continue working with participants during their job search and after they have found work to ensure they retain their job.
Contact us or call 1300 13 23 63 for more information.