Impossible today, Possible tomorrow
Mature age employees bring many benefits to a workforce – stability, diversity and life experience are just some of the advantages.
Our employment programs for job seekers aged 45+ focus on building people’s confidence and skills in a supportive environment. Digital literacy is a core part of our programs. We also support participants to overcome any barriers to employment.
Breaking down employment barriers for over 45’s
This 8-day program transforms mature age job seekers into job-ready candidates and provides tailored support to achieve sustainable employment. The course is free for registered job seekers and is suitable for a range of roles.
Achieve participants learn about:
- The social, emotional and financial benefits of work
- Identify what is holding you back and addressing barriers
- Overcoming roadblocks to employment
- Thinking positive – positive and negative thinking
- Building self-esteem including using positive affirmations
- Identifying your strengths, skills, knowledge and attributes
- Increasing confidence and motivation
- Employability skills
- Employer expectations
- Communication styles – passive, assertive and aggressive
- Guidance on using technology to search and apply for work
- Current job searching strategies and job search assistance
- Resumes and cover letters to suit the current job market
- Interview process
- Setting SMART goals, time management and creating positive routines
- Managing your social media profile – tips and traps.
MatchWorks consultants continue working with participants during their job search and after they have found work to ensure they retain their job.