Impossible today, Possible tomorrow
Mature age employees bring many benefits to a workforce – stability, diversity and life experience are just some of the advantages.
Our employment programs for job seekers aged 45+ focus on building people’s confidence and skills in a supportive environment. Digital literacy is a core part of our programs. We also support participants to overcome any barriers to employment.
Our programs for mature age job seekers include:
- Career Transition Assistance (Barwon region)
Career Transition Assistance
Build confidence and skills by joining our Career Transition Assistance program.
This eight-week program is free for registered mature age job seekers in the Geelong Barwon region. In a welcoming environment, participants will:
- Build confidence to use technology including smartphones, tablets, apps, social media and desktop computers
- Boost skills to become more competitive in the local job market and successfully move into ongoing employment
- Hear from employers about what skills they look for when recruiting new staff
- Be mentored and supported to achieve personal goals.
- To be eligible, participants must:
- Be 45+ years of age
- Registered with a jobactive provider.
Please note: The program will fully meet annual activity requirements.
Breaking down employment barriers for over 45’s
This 8-day program transforms mature age job seekers into job-ready candidates and provides tailored support to achieve sustainable employment. The course is free for registered job seekers and is suitable for a range of roles.
Achieve participants learn about:
- The social, emotional and financial benefits of work
- Identify what is holding you back and addressing barriers
- Overcoming roadblocks to employment
- Thinking positive – positive and negative thinking
- Building self-esteem including using positive affirmations
- Identifying your strengths, skills, knowledge and attributes
- Increasing confidence and motivation
- Employability skills
- Employer expectations
- Communication styles – passive, assertive and aggressive
- Guidance on using technology to search and apply for work
- Current job searching strategies and job search assistance
- Resumes and cover letters to suit the current job market
- Interview process
- Setting SMART goals, time management and creating positive routines
- Managing your social media profile – tips and traps.
MatchWorks consultants continue working with participants during their job search and after they have found work to ensure they retain their job.