MatchWorks is breaking down barriers to employment through its Destination Work program.
The week-long course supports job seekers with a disability and older job seekers to overcome hurdles such as low self-esteem, financial strains, health issues, mobility constraints and limited work history.
Since launching in 2014, Destination Work has supported job seekers in Melbourne and Brisbane’s outer suburbs. MatchWorks coordinates the program in conjunction with the Karingal BacLinks Foundation.
The course transforms participants into job-ready candidates suitable for a range of roles, providing each participant with tailored support for re-entering the workforce.
MatchWorks offers employers who hire Destination Work graduates an intensive post-placement program covering transition to work management.
A complete make-over
Destination Work participants receive:
- a skills audit
- job search advice including accessing the hidden job market
- presentations from motivational guest speakers
- advice on personal presentation including interview outfits and hair styling
- increased self-esteem and motivation to work
- increased self-awareness and transferable skills
- guidance on using technology to search and apply for work
- training in effective resumes, application letters and interview techniques specific for chosen industries
- individual advice on developing realistic and achievable employment goals
- support for preparing a professional portfolio.
MatchWorks consultants continue working with participants during their job search and after they have found work to ensure they retain their job.