MatchWorks has teamed with the Geelong Football Club to combine intensive employability training with weekly health and well-being sessions.
Targeted at young job seekers from the Whittington and Geelong northern suburbs areas, the program is running from March to June 2017.
Geelong Cats is coordinating the health and well-being sections including:
- Geelong Cats player involvement
- use of existing Geelong Cats Foundation program with a focus on empowering young people to make good choices.
MatchWorks employability training covers:
- business and social etiquette
- increased self-awareness and transferrable skills
- developing routines
- guest speakers such as apprenticeship and traineeship providers, employers and community support organisations
- makeovers and presentation for work
- interviews and modern recruitment practices
- budgeting once you find a job
- how to keep your job
- physical and mental health support.