MatchWorks has teamed with the Geelong Football Club to to offer intensive employability training with weekly health and wellbeing sessions.
Targeted at young job seekers from the Whittington and Geelong region, this life-changing program builds job seekers confidence and employability skills in a fun, active environment.
Geelong Cats players and staff coordinate the health and well-being sections including:
- Fun group-based fitness session with Geelong Cats players
- use of existing Geelong Cats Foundation program with a focus on empowering young people to make good choices.
MatchWorks employability training covers:
- interviews skills and recruitment practices
- business and social etiquette
- increased self-awareness and transferrable skills
- developing routines
- guest speakers such as apprenticeship and traineeship providers, employers and community support organisations
- makeovers and presentation for work
- budgeting once you find a job
- how to keep your job
- physical and mental health support.
Want to join our 2020 program? Register your interest here.