African-Australians urged to apply for Victoria Police program
African-Australian job seekers interested in joining the Victoria Police are urged to apply for a new program before applications close on Wednesday 19 February.
MatchWorks is a proud partner in the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program. This initiative focuses on increasing the number of African-Australians from refugee and other backgrounds in the police force.
About the Program
This 15-week program helps African-Australians build their skills before applying to join the Victoria Police. The program includes:
- Mentoring from African-Australian community leaders
- Understanding cultural differences, professional culture and expectations of the Victoria Police
- Roles within the police force
- Support to succeed through each stage of the recruitment process. Apply now
A diverse workforce is vital for building stronger communities. The program:
- is fully funded for eligible job seekers
- nationally accredited
- and fulfils Work for the Dole and Employability Skills Training requirements.
Course Details – Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program
Application closing date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Course start date: Tuesday 31 March 2020
Course location: Victoria University (Footscray campus)
Course duration: 15 weeks
Days of course: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Time: 5pm – 9pm
This initiative is managed by Jesuit Social Services on behalf of a partnership including Victoria Police, the African Australian Multicultural Employment and Youth Service (AAMEYS), Victoria University, AMES, MatchWorks, and Maurice Blackburn.